According to Human rights watch report (2018), domestic violence is one of the most ignored and overlooked subject of violence due to the fact that it usually remains invisible i.e. stays behind closed doors and considered a social taboo which is rarely discussed in social settings or general media. This course on domestic violence awareness is aimed at challenging this discourse and therefore aims at creating awareness, educate the general population about this violence and encourage it to be tackled at the earliest stages and ways to prevent this violence. This course will offer participants with detailed insight into the definition and understanding of domestic violence and abuse, describe people who are at risk and how to support both adult and children under this societal menace.
This niche course on domestic violence awareness will be delivered using in classroom teaching along with video based case analysis of victims of domestic violence. The participants are requested to understand the sensitivity of the course subject and needs to show empathy during the mock sessions at the end of course applying learnings of this course. Participants are also advised that the course material can be disturbing (while discussing images and videos of domestic abuse victims).
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and identify the meaning of domestic violence and people at risk.
- Identify the main components of domestic violence and its cyclic pattern.
- Show awareness as to how the violence begins and understanding of the perpetuator.
- Express the emotional, psychological and physical impact of domestic violence on children, young people and adults at risk.
- Identify a set pattern of behaviour in an individual which may indicate tendencies for domestic violence.
- Review legislation and responsibilities as an individual for responding correctly in cases of vulnerable victims of domestic violence (young people and children).
- Learn and communicate best practices to offer support for the victims of domestic violence and abuse.
This course is best suited for corporate staff, voluntary workers, school staff and community support staff dealing with domestic violence. Also, this course is aimed at individuals who want to learn about domestic violence to support victims and who want to pursue a career as a welfare officer or who to want to create general awareness in their communities.
The Domestic violence awareness course would be covered using the following 7 key modules:
- Definition of domestic violence and abuse
- Beginning of domestic violence cycle and identification of main perpetuators.
- Assessing the emotional, psychological and physical impact of domestic violence over individuals (young people, children, adult and disabled).
- Recovery process for victims of domestic violence
- Domestic violence victims and best practice of support
- Required skills to support victims of domestic violence
- Legislation for prevention of domestic violence and abuse – Application and awareness
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £5375
Student Rate: £2665
Discount for group of 4 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes