Course Aims and Objectives
The past decade has produced an unprecedented accumulation of data. Organizations in general and business models in particular increasingly rely upon confidential data such as intellectual property, market intelligence, and customers’ personal information. Keeping up the security and secrecy of data information, just as meeting the prerequisites of a developing list of associated obligations of compliance, are high priority concerns for state organisations and private endeavor alike. Addressing these concerns need efforts which are cross-disciplinary and include multi departmental linkage such as IT, legal, HR, finance, business units and other specialty units, to mutually devise arrangements that address protection and privacy comprehensively. Data governance is one such methodology that addresses numerous aspects of privacy and security of information including data protection and compliance. This training course aims to offer insight into the different aspects of data governance and outlining the threats and challenges that organizations face in this area and looks at the concepts of governance, risk management, and compliance in general.
The course learning of DGPC are driven by practical examples and interactive scenarios to ensure participants truly understand and recognize the issues of most importance to their business and learn to instinctively act to support them. The course employ instructional design techniques optimized for risk and compliance training through online video case discussion and group discussion.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define policies, roles, and responsibilities for the management, usage and protection of confidential data.
- Approve measures that concurrently tackle or otherwise consider security and privacy threats along with requirements of compliance.
- Apply thorough processes of risk management for the protection and use of confidential data.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, standards, and organizational policies and generate proof of that compliance.
This course of DGPCM is appropriate for information technology experts, auditors, controllers and examiners of documents, site admin, managers and anybody entrusted with overseeing and ensuring information and data. In addition, experts who are already proficient in management of data and compliance and looking to expand their standards of overseeing information, data and records.
This course is covered using the following 5 distinct learning modules:
- Overview – Data Governance, Protection and Compliance Management
- Overview of Challenges
- Information Security and Privacy
- A Complex Regulatory Landscape
- Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC)
- Data Governance
- Data Governance, IT Governance, and Compliance
- Data Governance for Privacy, Confidentiality, and Compliance: An Overview
- Examine relevant authority document
- Refine Requirements
- Define Strategy & Policies and Control Environment
- Data Privacy and Confidentiality Principle
- Principle 1: Accept policies all through the classified data life expectancy
- Principle 2: Minimize danger of unapproved access or abuse of secret information
- Principle 3: Minimize effect of any possible loss of confidential
- Principle 4: Document appropriate controls and establish their viability
- DGPC Policies
- Data Classification
- Information Security and Privacy
- Data Stewardship
Location and Date:
London | 17- 21 April 2023
Cardiff | TBC
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £3860
Discount for group of 4 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on email@example.com and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes