Although the training needs assessment is essential for effective efforts, this important component of training and development is often ignored. The evaluation of the training and its effectiveness is probably one of the most discussed but least practised subject in the training field. This course programme aims to presents a systematic approach to the basic building blocks in conducting a training needs assessment and evaluating training outcomes. A step-by-step procedure, including sample materials for conducting a cost-effective, data based training needs assessment will be presented. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to prepare, initiate and conduct a company-wide training needs analysis and evaluate its effectiveness for their respective companies.
This course is designed to be delivered in 6 distinct training needs and analysis learning modules through in class presentation, group discussions, role play enacting key training needs/assessment scenarios and solutions. Also, the participants are encouraged to discuss their own organizational concerns or best practices in order to apply their learning in real world case study.
Participants will be able to demonstrate the following abilities after successful completion of this training programme:
- Recognize organizational concerns which are affecting the training needs of a company.
- Identify the organisation’s training needs through needs assessment which utilizes a variety of data collection methodologies including surveys, focus groups and interviews.
- Conduct an effective training needs analysis (TNA) to successfully identify suitable organisational, functional/technical, personal behavioural competencies and skills required to meet organisational vision.
- Prepare strategic training plans for the organisation in order to improve competence and achieve more accurate results.
- Develop a master plan of recommendations for future training strategies based on the TNA findings.
- Examine the procedures of current training programmes for their limitations and strength.
- Demonstrate the ability for application of different techniques of evaluation at key stages of a training plan.
- Determine a procedure for evaluation and process for effectively managing training.
This course is designed for HR professionals, managers, and other professionals seeking an overview of critical employee training needs analysis and assessment concepts.
To achieve course objectives, this programme will focus on the following 6 key modules:
- Training & Development Basics
- TNA in the organisational context
- Benefits of Training and Development
- Three E’s of Training and Development
- The training cycle and TNA
- Training Needs Analysis
- Why and When to conduct Training Needs Analysis
- Importance of and performance-based TN
- The Formal TNA Process
- The 6-Step formal TNA model
- Applications of the formal TNA model
- 3 Levels of Needs Assessment
- Three levels of assessments
- Organisational and Job/Task analysis
- Individual/Person analysis
- Integration of the 3-level analysis
- Training Needs Assessment Steps
- Step 1: Performing GAP analysis
- Step 2: Identifying priorities and importance
- Step 3: Identifying causes of performance problems
- Step 4: Recognizing probable growth opportunities and solutions
- Training Programmes – Evaluation
- Understanding the need for training programme evaluation
- Evaluation methods and types
- Criteria for measuring training success and assessing training ROI
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £3860
Student Rate: £2895
Discount for group of 5 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on fe******@eu********.org and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes