Course Aims and Objectives
This training course titled infection Prevention and Control offers insight into the current global burden of infectious disease, the public health strategies that are reducing the impact of some major infections and the challenges facing national and international organisations in preventing illness and death caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites. The main aim of this course is to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the impact of infectious diseases over public health and various strategies to control, mitigate and stop negative impact of these diseases over general health of public.
This training program will be delivered using classroom based presentations, case study analysis via online video demonstration and discussion and highly interactive group discussion and role plays allowing participants to apply their learned skills into real life infectious disease control and public health mock cases.
After successful completion of this training program based on infectious disease and public health, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the key characteristics of the modern world’s problem of infectious diseases.
- Appreciate various initiatives and movement of public health for countering its impact such as focus on water quality improvement, epidemiology, improved sanitation and hygiene awareness, global infectious disease monitoring systems and global vaccination drives based on empirical evidences.
- Discuss success of various strategies of public health which have used education for supporting change in general public behaviour enabling people and communities to stay protected from disease and infections, isolation of infection and prevention of its spread; tackling environmental factors for destroying the source of infectious diseases.
- Critically analyse public health examples of interventions for illustrating the significance of global infectious disease prevention programmes and importance of community and health worker participations.
This course is intended for administrators and board members of healthcare services industry, various nursing staff, departmental heads and general professionals associated with healthcare services having responsibilities within public health and infectious diseases domain. Also, this training program can help medical professionals, clinicians, and general industry experts who are aiming to enhance their knowledge about public health and aiming to progress in these areas of public health.
This course will be delivered using the following 5 key modules of infectious disease and public health knowledge areas:
- Understanding global misfortune of infectious diseases
- Malaria, Diarrhoea and Tuberculosis
- Respiratory infections
- Other diseases
- Understanding approach of public health
- Urbanisation, climate change and industrialisation threat to public health
- Monitoring of public health globally
- WHO alerts and response network
- UN public health regulation
- Preventions of infectious disease
- Primary, secondary and tertiary prevention strategies
- Global network of public health infectious disease prevention network
- Successful examples of public health infectious disease control
- Smallpox eradication
- International campaign for polio eradication
- Hygiene and sanitation awareness
- Mobilisation of communities for infectious disease prevention
- Global free vaccination programme
- Future goals
- Complete control and eradication of infectious diseases
- Quality of life and improvement in health
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £3860
Student Rate: £2895
Discount for group of 5 or more
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes