This training course titled infectious disease and public health offers insight into the current global burden of infectious disease, the public health strategies that are reducing the impact of some major infections and the challenges facing national and international organisations in preventing illness and death caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites. The main aim of this course is to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the impact of infectious diseases over public health and various strategies to control, mitigate and stop negative impact of these diseases over general health of public.
This training program will be delivered using classroom based presentations, case study analysis via online video demonstration and discussion and highly interactive group discussion and role plays allowing participants to apply their learned skills into real life infectious disease control and public health mock cases.
After successful completion of this training program based on infectious disease and public health, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the key characteristics of the modern world’s problem of infectious diseases.
- Appreciate various initiatives and movement of public health for countering its impact such as focus on water quality improvement, epidemiology, improved sanitation and hygiene awareness, global infectious disease monitoring systems and global vaccination drives based on empirical evidences.
- Discuss success of various strategies of public health which have used education for supporting change in general public behaviour enabling people and communities to stay protected from disease and infections, isolation of infection and prevention of its spread; tackling environmental factors for destroying the source of infectious diseases.
- Critically analyse public health examples of interventions for illustrating the significance of global infectious disease prevention programmes and importance of community and health worker participations.
This course is intended for administrators and board members of healthcare services industry, various nursing staff, departmental heads and general professionals associated with healthcare services having responsibilities within public health and infectious diseases domain. Also, this training program can help medical professionals, clinicians, and general industry experts who are aiming to enhance their knowledge about public health and aiming to progress in these areas of public health.
This course will be delivered using the following 5 key modules of infectious disease and public health knowledge areas:
- Understanding global misfortune of infectious diseases
- Malaria, Diarrhoea and Tuberculosis
- Respiratory infections
- Other diseases
- Understanding approach of public health
- Urbanisation, climate change and industrialisation threat to public health
- Monitoring of public health globally
- WHO alerts and response network
- UN public health regulation
- Preventions of infectious disease
- Primary, secondary and tertiary prevention strategies
- Global network of public health infectious disease prevention network
- Successful examples of public health infectious disease control
- Smallpox eradication
- International campaign for polio eradication
- Hygiene and sanitation awareness
- Mobilisation of communities for infectious disease prevention
- Global free vaccination programme
- Future goals
- Complete control and eradication of infectious diseases
- Quality of life and improvement in health
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £5375
Student Rate: £2665
Discount for group of 4 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on email@example.com and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes