In today’s globally interconnected economy, information technology and security management has become one of the most complex issues of concern at the world’s leading organizations. The capital value of information is significantly increasing and forming a large part of the shareholder value due to increased dependence on information. Companies aiming to achieve competitive advantage have the information security as a central strategy. The aim of this course is to illustrate the importance and value of information technology and security management. In addition, it also aims to demonstrate how the organizations needs to adopt strategy to ensure their information system is secure.
This course utilises programmed delivery via in class presentations, interactive video case study analysis, group discussion along with interactive ITSM exercises to allow application of classroom knowledge into practical situations.
At the end of this course programme, participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the necessity for establishing an adequate space for information security management policies, practices, risk management, observation and maintenance in an organization.
- Learn that information technology laws and regulations help to protect data and also the misuse of protected data.
- Evaluate and assess risk related to ITSM in a networked organization.
- Appraise and describe importance of security policy
- Acknowledge the importance of IS and strategically apply IS inventory and culture in an organization.
This course is intended for IT managers, technical consultants and decision makers who want to enhance their skills in IT and SM domain in order to mitigate future risk or who are looking to develop their IT career.
This course will be covered in the following 6 key learning modules of IT and SM.
- Value of Information Technology
- Information Security Governance
- Managing and improving profit
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- System Characterization
- Threat and Vulnerabilities Identification
- Control Analysis
- Likelihood Determination
- Impact Analysis and Risk Determination
- Control Recommendations
- Result documentation
- Risk Reduction
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Information Security Policies
- Importance of security Policy
- Information Security Frameworks and Tools
- ISO 27000, NIST, ITIL, COBI
- Information Protection
- Physical Protection
- Administrative works
- Secure Business Rules
- Access control to Networks
- User’s authentication
- Decentralization of Administration
- Data and Networks protection
- Secure Remote access
- Secrecy of Information
- Firewall and Anti-virus protection
- Inspection of communication
- Intrusion observation
- Day-to-Day Activities
- Information System’s Inventory
- Human Resources Security
- Information security Culture
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £5375
Student Rate: £2665
Discount for group of 4 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on email@example.com and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes