The Government of UK has made a firm pledge to provide equally best quality of education to students with SEN (special educational needs) along with rest of student population. Increasing the quality and capacity of teachers and school providing diverse range of SEN education is key to increasing the educational achievements of these students. The main aim of this training course is to offer an insight into the teaching approaches and strategies for students with SEN and the importance of specialist skillset/knowledge in imparting SEN education. Also, it aims to highlight different teaching approaches for different learning phases of SEN students.
This niche course on SEN practical strategies relies on classroom based presentation along with real life case study analysis. The participants will be encouraged to participate in role plays to apply learned SEN knowledge in real life scenarios. Also, a mock online questionnaire test will be conducted to apply different SEN strategies at various learning phases of SEN students.
At the end of this course programme, participants will be able to:
- Widen their knowledge and understanding of the diverse student profiles having varied SEN and apply learning to identify best strategies to impart education as per theoretical SEN training literature.
- Demonstrate and discuss the effectiveness and utility of these diverse set of strategies/approaches in promoting educational achievement of SEN students.
- Identify and highlight the most successful teaching approaches for different learning phases of SEN students.
- Offer recommendations for the development and focus of future improvement in this area of SEN strategies and approaches.
This course is intended for administrators, principals and board members of education institutions, various teaching staff, departmental heads and general academics. Also, this training program can help educational professionals and general industry experts who are aiming to progress in SEN teaching and SEN educational management roles.
This course will be covered in the following key learning modules of SEN: Practical Strategies.
- Understanding keywords
- Cognitive learning
- Communication and Interaction
- Emotional, Social and Behavioral development
- SEN – Strategies and Approaches
A) Direct rise in achievement
- Target setting and Task analysis
- Emotional support
- Guidance and prompts
- Reaching objectives to demonstrate attainment
B) Access strategies
- Imparting specific ICT skills
- Overcoming deficit in literacy
- Paving way for entry within learning circle
C) Active learning
- Structuring suitable strategies for Learning
- Development of Thinking capacity
- Meta Cognition
- Creativity and Reflection
- Development of Language and Observation
- Self Assessment
- Allowing choice thereby encouraging Risk taking to learn
- Linking classroom learning with out of school learning
D) Student engagement and participation
- Encouraging group learning
- Drawing attention to the application of learning to real life problems and purposes
- Peer tutoring
- Emotional motivation and growth
- Enhancing social skills, friendships, teamwork
- Community bonds
E) Personalized learning preferences and styles
- Study orientation (Active, Abstract, Concrete, Reflective thinking)
- Auditory, Kinaesthetic, Visual learning modes
- Multiple intelligence
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £3860
Student Rate: £2895
Discount for group of 5 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on fe******@eu********.org and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes