Course Aims and Objectives
It is imperative according to the law that anyone working in a job which requires contact with young people and children needs to be aware of child protection and safeguarding. This course aims to empower participants to gain awareness about the key issues related to child protection and the measures in cases of suspicion of child/young person abuse or harm. Also, this course will develop participants understanding about their role and responsibilities in protecting, promoting and creating awareness for child welfare in general, clinical or academic environment and identification of child and young person abuse.
This niche course on child protection awareness will be delivered using in classroom teaching along with video based case analysis of victims of child abuse and violence. The participants are requested to understand the sensitivity of the course subject and needs to show empathy during the mock sessions at the end of course applying learnings of this course. Participants are also advised that the course material can be disturbing (while discussing child abuse victims).
After successful completion of this course based on Child protection awareness, participants will be able to:
- Assess and learn about the local legislation for protecting and promoting child and young person welfare.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the effect of values and attitudes in responding to issues related to child protection.
- Develop understanding to distinguish the scale of abuse and identify the symptoms of signs of each category.
- Show awareness about the regulation and procedures to be followed in cases of child abuse suspicion or disclosure by the victims.
- Appreciate the value of trust and understanding while working along with parents to prevent child abuse.
- Learn about the legal procedure to be followed in case of child/young person abuse allegations in a workplace environment.
- Create awareness about the support systems available within schools, hospitals and other communities’ centers for child protection.
This course is best suited for all healthcare staff, voluntary workers, school staff and community support staff who are in contact with children. Also, this course is aimed at individuals who want to learn about child protection to support victims and who want to pursue a career as a child welfare officer or who to want to create general awareness in their communities.
The Child protection awareness course would be covered using the following 4 key modules:
- Understanding Child Protection
- Definitions of child protection
- Complexity in identifying child abuse/mistreatment
- How to safeguard and protect a child
- Different types of abuse
- Identifying indicators, symptoms and signs
- Volunteer for child protection
- Identifying Child abuse (physical, emotional, psychological)
- Differentiating normal and mistreated child development
- Identification of child behaviour change cycle
- Disclosure of abuse
b. Best practices to be followed
c. Gathering further information
d. Providing emotional support
- Individual role – Child protection
- Understanding the provision of safeguards
- Individual safeguards and victim related people
- Application and understanding of legislation
- Case study analysis
- Case studies – Child victims, abuse, false alarms
- How to get help in emergency, distress child disclosure
Location and Date:
London | 14 – 17 Mar 2022
Cardiff | 01 – 05 Aug 2022
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £5375
Student Rate: £2665
Discount for group of 4 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes