According to Ofsted (2018), the current education system in the UK is unable to meet the needs of 1 in 5 students. Though Ofsted are assisting schools and different educational institutions to aspire, achieve and ensure full support to students there are still areas within classroom learning that needs immediate attention. Therefore, the main aim of this training course programme is to allow participants to develop understanding of effective intervention strategies within a classroom setup in order to address the needs of students in current education system. Also, it aims to evaluate and assess behaviour management in classrooms with a special focus of student learning, independence and motivation.
This training course will be delivered by means of in-classroom presentations, group task based on applying classroom intervention techniques, case study analysis and discussion, role play to demonstrate understanding of the course learning based on effective intervention in classroom.
At the end of this training programme on Effective intervention in classroom, participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply various intervention strategies to discover and fix classroom based common academic issues of students.
- Evaluate management of student behaviour in classroom by drawing on learned knowledge of intervention pathways and assess student behaviour impartially and specifically to establish probable causes of mis-behaviour.
- Apply learning to set goals for classroom intervention, monitoring progress of students and encouraging student independence using academic skills of survival.
- Manage, de-escalate and defuse defiance and non-compliance among classroom students utilizing diverse behavioral interventions strategies promoting student responsibility and engagement.
- Appreciate the need for an associated meeting structure of student, parent and teacher to achieve increased student motivation, disciple and correctly documented outcomes of interventions.
This course is intended for administrators, principals and board members of education institutions, various teaching staff, departmental heads and general academics. Also, this training program can help educational professionals and general industry experts who are aiming to progress in teaching and educational management roles.
This course will be covered in the following 5 key learning modules of Effective intervention in classroom.
- Understanding keywords
- Classroom interventions
- Academic problems
- Student learning
- Classroom behaviour
- Class based common academic issues
- Strong instruction framework.
- Pre-defined set of interventions – Issues such as Reading, Writing, Listening comprehension.
- Student encouragement for intervention plans.
- Teacher resources – Creating, monitoring, assessing and documenting various academic interventions.
- Effective management of classroom behaviours
- Understanding student behaviour and their respective problems in light of real time classroom environment.
- Identification of mis-behaviour triggers and strategy for elimination.
- Verbal intervention strategies – Nudging student towards desired behaviour pattern.
- Assessment of student mis-behaviour – Reason for non participation or lack of motivation.
- Student self help program – Self evaluation, behaviour analysis and similar strategies.
- Student data – Intervention targets and student monitoring
- Defining and setting ambitious intervention targets based on common behaviour patterns and academic problems.
- Student behaviour card, Teacher-Student-Parent log etc.
- Self learning – Student based approach
- Common standards
- Time management
- Study skills
- Exam/test preparation
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £3860
Student Rate: £2895
Discount for group of 5 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on fe******@eu********.org and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes