Course Aims and Objectives
The main aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to compose a precise work summary for projects and draft simple contracts. This course covers different drafting techniques which can help in understanding the true requirements of the end user thereby defining clear work boundaries. Participants in this interactive course will learn about the process of drafting the simple work contracts using templates and effective writing techniques.
This course delivery is designed using a mixture of classroom presentation, group exercise and mock contract drafting sessions. Different techniques of contract drafting will be described and practiced using real case example among the participants, followed by discussions.
This course will help the participants to:
- Understand the principles of English business contract law.
- Read a contract and spot the pitfalls.
- Negotiate, manage or perform a contract without putting the company at risk.
- Enhance their commercial awareness
This course is the ideal programme for all those regularly involved in formal dealings with customers, suppliers or contractors, including commercial and contracts teams, project managers and engineers, purchasing and procurement teams and sales teams.
This course is covered in 10 key learning areas of Contract drafting:
- Nature of a contract and its formation
- The legally enforceable bargain
- How a contract is made
- Precedence between different contract documents
- Privity, Misrepresentation and Contract amendment
- Purpose and shape of a contract
- The unique element and need of a contract agreement
- Other and standard forms of contract (if important)
- The contract objectives, including risk allocation
- Considerations of time and delay
- Best endeavours and reasonable endeavours
- Strict liability for delay and its consequences
- Excusable delay and time for assessing damages
- Financial matters
- Price calculation and Failure to agree a price
- Delay in payment and Interest on late payment
- Imperative provisions about the commitments of the gatherings including quality, qualification for reason and carelessness
- Express terms of contract terms including details
- The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and The Sale of Goods Act 1979
- Quality prerequisite for services supplied
- Liability limitations
- Controlling the furthest reaches of the temporary worker’s obligation
- The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977
- How to draft clauses of exemption
- Various parties
- Partnerships and Companies
- Employee as an agent
- The ability to assign or sub-contract and Contract novation
- Title to goods and intellectual property
- The importance of title and risk
- Patents, Copyright, Confidential information and Design rights
- Contract form (drafting skills)
- Form of the contract and actual contract terms
- Practical exercise (classroom based)
- Resolution of disputes, enforceability and remedies
- The court system
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Damages, injunctions and other remedies
Location and Date:
London | 14 – 17 Mar 2022
Cardiff | 01 – 05 Aug 2022
EUPlatform reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer.
Per Participant: £5375
Student Rate: £2665
Discount for group of 4 or more
Discount Plan and Refund:
Policies and Discounts
Group and Corporate Discounts:
We offer group and corporate discounts on many courses. These discounts are available for clients who want to maximize their return on investment.
Contact us for more Information
We offer individual discounts on many courses for people who are self-sponsored and make their payment in full and upfront at the time of registration.
Contact us for more information.
For companies that want to maximize the return on their investment in training: Register 5 participants on the same course and dates and pay only for 4.
Nominations to our public courses are to be processed by the client’s HR/Training department except for self-nominations which are to be paid in advance using the “payment by self” option on the online registration form. A refund will be issued back to the client in the event of course cancellation or seat unavailability. Registration confirmation is subject to Platform’s review of registration request and seat availability.
If a confirmed registration is cancelled less than 5 calendar days prior to the course start date, a substitute participant may be nominated to attend the same course, or a 20% cancellation charge is applied.
Feedback and Complaints
EU Platform actively believes in continuous improvement. To this effect, EU Platform welcomes feedback related to its people, products or processes. If you have comments and/or suggestions which will ultimately help us improve in any way, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we commit to respond to you within 2 business days – at the most.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes